Mbereshi (also spelled and pronounced Mbeleshi) is a village in the Luapula Province of Zambia, named after the Mbereshi River on its north side. It was the site of a large mission founded in 1900 by the London Missionary Society. In 1915 the mission established the first girls' school in the territory, as well as a boy's school and a large hospital. These are now government institutions. Mbereshi contains a number of examples of mission buildings, including a large church which is now part of the United Church of Zambia.